While shopping for clothes is an exhilarating experience for a lot of women, it is a daunting task for some. Shuffling in and out of shops looking for the right fit or the right colour can indeed become a reason for some to despise shopping. Whether you love or you hate shopping, you can’t avoid shopping. And that is why we have dished out some simple yet effective clothes shopping tips to help you bring home clothes that you’ll actually wear—
- Have a shopping budget— It’s easier to plan your shopping trips, and to avoid overspending with a budget. To create a budget, list all the clothes you plan to purchase in one year. Next, estimate how much each item will cost. You should stick to your budget once you have reached that total. Don’t go overboard.
- Make a mood board – A mood board is a collection or images of clothing you like. It helps you to create your style and provides inspiration for clothes shopping. The commonalities you see in the images that you have selected are important. Are there certain colors, textures or styles you gravitate towards? Consider whether the pieces you choose will match your overall mood board style.
- Keep a wish-list— This is a list of clothing items you are looking for. To remember what you are actually looking for, look at the list before you go. A shopping list is more effective than going out with a specific item in mind. While you may not find all the items you need on your first trip. You will be able to check off the majority of them over the course of multiple trips. Whether you are looking for skirts, or trousers or shirts for women online or offline, it would help to bookmark your favorite items and return to them when the brand has a sale.
- Do you know your body measurements? —Note down your hip, waist and chest measurements on your phone. This will allow you to compare your measurements to a store’s size charts when shopping online or offline. You can also bring a measuring tape with you to help you determine if the piece you are looking for will fit you before you try it on.
- Keep your wardrobe varied— It is easy to fall for the same, safe pieces. However, having multiples of the exact same item in your wardrobe can make it difficult to dress and it will add bulk to your closet. If you love something but have something similar to it, think about whether you would like this one more than the one you currently own. What number of these do you really need? Except for your work outfits, the answer is usually no more than two.
- Shop with a friend—Shopping is easier when you have a partner. A friend can help you feel confident about buying a piece or tell you if it doesn’t look right on you.
- Always try different sizes— If you find something that you like, make sure you get it in both your own size and the sizes below. You might try it in different colors. Take as many pieces as possible to the fitting room and spend as much time as necessary. It’s good to feel how the piece moves when you sit down, bend, or twist.
- Window shopping is a great way to get inspired—Window shopping can be a great way to find inspiration. It’s also a great way of getting styling ideas for your mood boards.
Whether you are in a brick and mortar shop or on a shopping site and whether you are planning some winter shopping or are there to buy shirts for women, the above shopping tips will help immensely regardless of your shopping needs.