KTM has been working on refreshing the looks of its bike line-up for a while. The RC 200 is no exception. The new RC 200 might look the same as the old one from a distance, but it is a completely new product up close.
For instance, it now comes with full-fairing and a re-engineered chassis. Its kerb weight is reduced, among many other revisions.
Read the following sections for more details –
Design elements and dimensions ( KTM RC 200 )
The overall design elements of the new KTM RC 200 are upgraded.
- Its chassis consists of the Trellis frame, and the bolt-on subframe is 1.5 Kilograms lighter.
- Reduced weight of the bike with light five-spoke aluminium wheels.
- The bike’s dimensions remain unaltered: 1978 mm wheelbase, 688 mm width and 820 mm seat height.
- It has a fuel tank that can now hold 13.7-litres of fuel.
The overall looks of the bike have striking similarities with the famous KTM RC 16MotoGP motorcycle.
- Its headlamp unit, turn indicators, and DRLs are all LEDs.
- The aluminium rearview mirrors are now wider and foldable.
- The windshield is also taller than before.
- The radiator unit of the bike is also redesigned. It flaunts a curved look that makes it more efficient in terms of cooling down the bike.
- The overall stance of the bike is suited for regular city commutes.
- The clip-on handlebar height is increased by 15 mm. The handlebar can also be dropped to a height of 10 mm.
- It has a split seat design and now comes with aluminium grab rails for the pillion rider.
- The design of the LED taillight is also revised to complement the looks of the bike redesigned sub-frame.
- The engine is the same as found in the previous generation of the KTM RC 200.
- It is a liquid-cooled, 199.5 CC, single-cylinder engine. It delivers 25.8 Ps and 19.5 Nm and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with unchanged gear ratios.
- The front disc is a lighter 320 mm unit.
- The rear disc brake has a width of 240 mm.
- The front suspension is an upside-down (USD) WP APEX suspension unit with 43 mm width.
- Its travel distance is now increased by 10 mm for better handling.
- The rear suspension unit remains the same. It is an adjustable WP mono-shock.
- The bike is equipped with dual-channel Supermoto ABS.
The instrument cluster is also revised, but it is not a new unit in itself. It is taken from the KTM Adventure 250.
The display unit offers detailed information to the rider. They are –
- Instantaneous fuel consumption
- Gear indicator
- Shift indicator
- ABS control
- Current speed and
The official KTM bikes price list shows the bike with an MSRP in the ₹2.04 lakhs – ₹2.11 lakhs* range.
The new RC 200 is one of the best selling bikes from the brand. A 200 CC bike with such performance parameters is unheard of in India. If you are looking for a 200 CC bike that ticks all the boxes right, choose the RC 200.