Solar panels provide us with reusable energy generated from the sun. Solar energy can be captured in various ways and a solar panel Sydney is one of them. This panel converts sun rays to generate electricity, and for other thermal applications like heating indoor spaces or swimming pools.
Residential and commercial property owners can get benefits by installing solar panels. Even design their buildings with passive solar heating to take the maximum advantage of the sun’s free energy.
Advantages of Solar Panel Sydney
Apart from getting free energy, there are plenty of benefits of using solar energy.
- Renewable Energy: Solar power is completely renewable energy. Any area in the world exposed to sunlight is a potential location to generate solar power. Solar energy is received from the sun which is a limitless source of power making it a renewable energy source.
Earth is supposed to experience consistent sunlight. Thus, solar power is well termed as the true source of renewable energy.
- Helps Making a Greener Earth: Use of solar power will definitely result in minimizing the carbon footprint. The photovoltaic panels have a very small carbon footprint as they are made of materials that can be easily recycled.
- Savings: Solar power is free to use and you can cut your electricity cost by installing solar panels. Now you can generate your own power with the help of these panels and can save a lot of amounts on your electric bills.
- No Permission Required: Usually, there is no need for permission from the planning authorities while installing solar panels. However, in the case of large solar panels, you may need to acquire a permit before the installation of Solar Panel Sydney.
- Very Low Maintenance Cost: Once you have successfully installed a solar panel. There is little maintenance required to keep them working. The only thing you have to take care of is to keep these panels dirt and dust-free. As these panels are mostly installed at angles and the rainwater cleans dirt and dust away from these panels, they require low maintenance.
- Makes You Less Dependent: Installing solar panels means generating your own electricity making you less dependable on the national grid system. Moreover, you get cheaper electricity as solar energy is free to use.
Weather and the Affects on The Solar Energy
The most common query is that how different weather conditions can affect the output of solar energy. Bad weather affects the amount of electricity from the solar panel, but not in the way most people think.
Like most other electronic equipment, solar panels work better in cold temperatures and produce more voltage. With the temperature rise, the panel is known to generate less voltage making them less efficient.
Moreover, it is important to understand that clouds in the sky or fog on the surface panels reduce the amount of solar energy from the system. The panels will produce electricity in cloudy weather but the production can drop by 10% to 25% of the total energy produced.
Factors to Consider Before a Solar System is Installed
Before you plan to install a new solar system. There are some factors to keep in mind to get out the most from the Solar Panel Sydney. The process begins with a short survey of the property where the panel is required to be installed. The surveyor assesses the property and provides you with shading analysis. So that the panels are exposed to a maximum amount of sun rays.
The next step is to get the quotation for the work required. Get all the terms and conditions written and understand that what all is included in the cost. It is even better to get quotations from the different suppliers so that you can compare the prices.
You should also consider pigeon-proofing the solar panel to make it safer. Also, install it at an angle where direct rain washes away the dust and dirt from the panel surface.